This Tour starts and finishes on Pakse. In both itineraries the cruise will stop and visit majestic UNESCO World Heritage Vat Phou ruins and Pha Pheng waterfall. It’s one of the highest temples in the country. Especially, we can see Ban Deua Tia - a small Laotian Village where the traditional way of life has not changed in centuries. During journey, cruise passes through most of historical monuments, which close to the Cambodian border. It’s a good occasion to know more about traditional culture and customs in small fishing village.
No posts found
Meals (text summary)2 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 2 Dinners
Transportation (text summary)Cruise
Accommodation (text summary)Vat Phou Cruise (2 nights)
- 3 days cruise with stops and visits as mentioned in the program with English speaking guide.
- 2 nights accommodation on board.
- Meal plan as mentioned in the tour program.
- Coffee, tea & drinking water on board and meals.
- Admission fee at visiting points as mentioned in the program.
- Services of qualified crews during the cruise.
- Group insurance.
- Visa approval and fees for Laos.
- Transfer from hotel / airport to pier in Pakxe or v.v.
- Other drinks and meals not mentioned in package.
- Other personal expenses.
Cancellation by Customer
- More than 45 days prior to departure: 10% of total price
- From 45 days to 30 days prior to departure: 50% of total rate
- From 29 days to 8 days prior to departure: 75% of total rate
- Less than 8 days prior to departure or No Show: 100% of total rate
- Child age 2-12 years old discount 50% when sharing room with parents. Infants (under 2 years old) are free of charge.
After meeting at the Sinouk Coffee House in central Pakse at 9:30am, you will board a bus to travel Route 13 to the historically significant Pha Pheng Waterfall, the "Niagara of the East". You will then be driven to the fishing village of Xieng Di for lunch at local restaurant. After lunch, you board small boats for a visit to Khone Island to see the old French railway and walk the bridge that links Khone and Det Islands. The boat drop you at the Khong Island village of Ban Veuthong, where you will board the waiting Vat Phou boat for a sunset cruise and dinner on the Mekong river, docking riverside for the night.
Breakfast is on board the Vat Phou boat as we set sail to Ban Deua Tia. You willl walk through this small Village, seeing centuries old traditions still being used. The Vat Phou boat then continues to cruise north on the Mekong, past the island of Don Xai, and many other small islets in the river archipelego. After lunch, you visit the village of Huei Thamo and the mysterious Oum Muong Temple, just a few minutes walk way. Dinner aboard Vat Phou then you have the rest of the evening to relax and enjoy the silence.
While enjoying breakfast on board, the Vat Phou continues its Mekong cruise to Champassak. The highlight this morning is the Vat Phou ruins - the majestic pre-Angkorian 10th century temple complex and boat's namesake. You have time to visit the museum at the ruins site, walk up to the highest temple and take as many photos as you would like. We return you to the boat for your final lunch on board. A small boat will then take you back to Pakse, arriving around 17.00-17.30 pm.
- Visit famous majestic pre-Angkorian 10th century temple, it’s one the highest temples in the country.
- Explore the mysterious hidden forest temple of Oum Muong and Don Khong, it’s also the largest inhabited island.
- Sail to Xieng Di village to know the traditional culture and customs of the fishermen who are living in fishing village.